Posted on Feb 25, 2020 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: London or Basingstoke
Salary: GBP 51,000 + Bonus
Our Client, one of the world's foremost Telecoms Companies, is looking to recruit a Data Scientist to join their business in either London or Basingstoke.
Working as a member of their IT Data Intelligence Team, the Data scientist will be responsible for providing strategic recommendations, ground in evidence-based data analysis and statistical modelling, helping ensure the continuing success of the wider Business Transformation team. Looking for a self-starter who can identify projects and have a keen eye for what can add value to the business.
- Provide data evidence to support business cases and opportunities from of opportunities
- Working with BA's, define and implement solutions for data driven improvements (reporting, machine learning, cleanse etc.)
- Drive the enablement of EMEA non-IT functional reporting
- Provide data to support 'control' of delivered solutions (value realization)
- Working with Data Integrity, implement data assurance reporting solutions
- Reporting/Analysis - Develop and publish reporting and analytics as a result of tested hypotheses and provide user-friendly outputs for various departments
- Predictive analytics - Test business hypotheses across various departments to construct predictive models. Work in cross functional team to identify new hypotheses.
- Data Model Management - Set up experimental designs to answer business questions and opportunities. Continuously measure model effectiveness and performance.
- Business Management - Participate in various business improvement activities and deep-dive initiatives adding insight where predictive analytics are required to forecast impact/results.
- Data Quality - Execute different data analytics to ensure the completeness, quality, and consistency of data used for analytics across systems.
- Passion for Data Science and AI combined with the ability to communicate insights to the business and senior management
- Intellectually curious, you'll also demonstrate the ability to present complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels including senior executives
- Minimum 3 years' experience with data modelling
- Structured - SQL
- Unstructured Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL
- Tableau / PowerBI
- Knowledge in the use of statistical programming language (e.g. Python, R, SAS, Matlab) would be desirable.
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £70k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual
£400 - £700 Daily
£35.8k - £50.9k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£50k - £100k Annual
£280 - £350 Daily
£60k - £90k Annual