Sales Development Representative
Posted on Feb 25, 2020 by Carta
employees manage equity. Now, we re transforming how capital markets operat
Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for
shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our
platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
Carta is in hyper growth mode, valued as a $1.7B unicorn and backed by some of
the most sophisticated investors in the world. Our mission is to create mo
owners by helping companies manage their equity and unlock liquidity for
investors. Sales Development Representatives SDRs that join Carta ar
driving force of Carta s upward trajectory.
Our SDRs launch targeted outreach campaigns to the executives of innovative
start ups every day. You ll engage with CFOs, Founders, and Co-Founders to
intimately understand their business and how Carta can help manage their equity
programs. Carta SDRs become masters of opening doors in the venture community.
We pride ourselves on investing in our team and promoting from within. All SDRs
receive training on Carta software, private market finance, and equity
administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client
management, negotiation and sales operations.
* Prospect - Engage with companies who reach out to Carta with interest via
our website, LinkedIn, and in-product
* Outreach - Execute a thoughtful, "every lead matters" cold outreach
campaign to companies in the venture space
* Collaborate - Work with Carta Account Executives to secure meetings and
follow deals through close
* Grit - Ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
* Coachability - Tremendous desire to learn about FinTech and constantly
improve in a no-egos environment
* Emotional Intelligence - Ability to read emotional cues, understand a
customer s needs, and navigate a conversation
Nice to Haves
* Customer-Facing Experience - Experience in dealing with customers face-
to-face or over the phone (sales is an extra plus)
* An Interest in Venture Capital / FinTech: If learning about how investors
find the next unicorn to invest in, you re in the right place
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen
Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value fairness,
helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values.
Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your
next step at Carta.