VDI Engineer (Virtual desktop infrastructure)
Posted on Feb 24, 2020 by NextLink Solutions
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging project in Netherlands?
If yes, this is the right opportunity for you!
Do you feel comfortable working in an international team?
Don't stop! Continue reading!
NextLink Solution is a Swiss IT Consultancy Company that has been providing both IT services and IT staffing to major customers for the past 20 years, has an excellent opportunity that can take your career to the next level.
I am currently working with the world's largest Banking client who are looking for a VDI Engineer (Virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Compilation tasks are done with Windows Build on user's local laptop. From Visual Studio they trigger this build. In our migration to VDI we want to move this (disk I/O intensive operation to a Back End system. To prevent running this kind of task on the VDI, need someone with experience to figure out to how to do it remote instead of doing local build (tool selection) and creating an environment for this remote build.
- Create a fully automated VDI configuration, with automation we mean the whole configuration from base image, to configuration, tools, environment setup to the launch of the VDI's with infra as code. This is being done with Puppet, Packer and Terraform
- VDI performance measurement - Setup systrack and collect data
- Setup monitoring, backup, CMDB
- Windows Build
- Experience in setting up Systrack
- Experience with a software development environment
- Experience in setting up monitoring VDIs, BackUps
- Should be proficient in CI/CD
- Visual Studio Development Environment is a plus
- Be able to think in abstract terms as well as pragmatic approach
- Strong in technical and problem solving skill set
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum WoW
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months possible extension
Work load: 100% (5 days on site)
Work location: Netherlands
Remote: Not possible