Cloudera/HortonWorks Data Platform - HBase Architect
Posted on Feb 24, 2020 by Hufford Services Group
We are seeking a Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) Hbase Architect in Juno Beach, FL to perform the functions below.
Assist Purchaser to perform a Cloudera Data Platform (HDP) health check in one (1) Production HDP 2.6.4 cluster, with an overall focus on HBase configurations, as follows:
1. Review cluster physical topology and architecture.
2. Hardware and network analysis.
3. Capacity, sizing and growth configuration and strategy
4. Assess current and recommended resource management (ex.scheduler, YARN queues).
5. HBase schema and configurations, including HBase replication configuration.
6. Resource Manager, Name Node, Hive metastore, HiveServer2, HBase and Ranger high availability configurations.
7. Review application timeout while connecting to HBase
8. Review Hadoop disk I/O contention, and DN scalability for any underlying issues.
9. Compose health check findings and recommendations Excel spreadsheet, as per Cloudera standard format, listing findings and their criticality level (critical, high, medium, low).
About the Company
Hufford Services Group is a full-service managed technology services provider and staffing service.