Posted on Feb 23, 2020 by Bridgestone Americas
bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or Computer Information Systems who are looking for a career in
application development and who are currently in their Junior year. Over the 8
month program (May 2020-Dec 2020) students can gain professional experience and
'on the job' training which prepares them for immediate professional
assignments after graduation.
Students will have the opportunity to work with, and support, our Information
Technology team on projects. Co-op must be able to work both independently and
as a team to accomplish department goals.
Salary: $25.00 / hour
Co-op will spend whatever time is necessary to fully understand their assigned
project(s) and tasks in the factory floor environment which has conditions and
areas ranging from hot, humid, cold, dirty and noisy.
Co-op will receive project priorities and be evaluated in terms of project
deliverables by the Systems Team Lead & Department Manager.
Co-op will lead at least one project while also assisting Systems Analysts
(Software Developers) with project work.
* New development primarily in and SQL 2017
* Maintenance of existing applications in a variety of technologies
* Utilizing troubleshooting skills
* Following standards where identified
* Creating project plans and schedules
* Assisting in the development and presentation of various analyses to
* Assisting in the analysis of complex client and technical problems
requiring diagnosis, testing and judgment of which approach or procedure
is most appropriate
* The Co-op will be exposed to a variety of technologies that could include
any of the following:
* Dot Net (C# or VB) in the Visual Studio development environment
* SQL Server 2017
* Performance Tuning
* Database Design
* Stored Procedures (T-SQL)
* Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Integration Services (SSIS)
* Job Scheduling
During this engagement, the Co-op will ensure adherence to plant IT standards
and best practices adopted by the department. In addition, the Co-op will be
expected to abide by all the policies and procedures within the department as
well as the organization.
Class Level: Junior, Senior
Desired Major(s): Information Technology, Computer Science, Management
Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or a related Major with a
focus on Software Development.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.