Customer Service Call Center Representative
Posted on Feb 23, 2020 by University of California - San Diego
(CSC) team, provide support to HDH customers in the operation, maintenance,
custodial and information systems work in departmental buildings, utility
systems and custodial functions. Accept, analyze, suggest solutions for, refer,
and dispatch trouble calls. Assess urgency, nature, level, and type of problem.
Identify and advise customers of unusual problems that may harm the
environment, people, or programs, and coordinate appropriate emergency
response. Resolve, coordinate, and follow up on internal/external service
requests, delays, and complaints. Using MAXIMO maintenance management software,
initiate and track work orders, monitor jobs in progress, and compile reports.
In conjunction with supervisor plan new customer service strategies and work
processes that promote continuous service improvement. Enter and track work
orders and billing information through MAXIMO maintenance management system.
Analyze information from requestor to properly create, prioritize and
categorize work requests. As time allows and operational needs require, provide
back- up administrative assistance to other Property Operations, and Planning
(POP) Business Office operations to include but not limited to filing, payroll,
ordering of supplies, processing of bids and invoices, auditing, and lock and
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus
department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees,
1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than
$170 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates,
grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering
approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an
aggressive building plan which will add 4100 new beds and almost double our
square footage by 2028.
Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD s enrolled students with a goal of housin
65% by 2028. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan
management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering
services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
* Overtime may be required.
* Vacation may be limited during peak operational times. Vacation may not
be taken the Wednesday before move in of Fall quarter through the 2nd
week of school.
* Alternate shift hours to include days, nights and weekends. Work shifts
may vary from time to time based on operational needs.
There are two shifts available:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday from 2:30 pm - 1:00 am.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday from 10:30 am - 7 pm.
* Organizational, writing, and mathematical ability to accurately and
efficiently complete general administrative work such as filing, payroll,
ordering of supplies, processing of bids and invoices, auditing, lock and
key coordination, correspondence, inventory, and documentation of
administrative procedures and practices.
* Proven ability to uncover the important and relevant information about a
problem through effective customer interface, conversation, and
questioning and dispatch appropriate work order.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain customer relations through a
professional approach to handling customer service needs and problems.
* Demonstrated ability to independently analyze situations and problems,
identify issues and make effective decisions or recommendations within
established procedures. Ability to communicate sound judgment and respond
quickly to sensitive and urgent situations.
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a busy, service oriented
office atmosphere with frequent interruptions, varied work assignments,
and fluctuating priorities while meeting deadlines. Ability to work with
other staff personnel in a positive, team oriented manner.
* Proven ability to fully analyze assignments, to gather data and
information, and to work with tact and diplomacy with all members of the
* Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment, i.e. computer,
10-key, various printers, fax machine, copy machine, and scanner.
* Proven ability in data entry, database-work order management, Word
processing, Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
* Demonstrated ability to input a high volume of complex data accurately
and within pre-established deadlines. Ability to manipulate the data base
to analyze data and produce requested reports.
* Proven ability to maintain acceptable work habits, demeanor, attention to
detail, punctuality and regularity of attendance.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret and follow instructions and
accurately complete assignments which require a high level of detail.
* Proven communication skills, both verbal and written, including knowledge
of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage, with the
ability to compose letters and memoranda utilizing appropriate formats
and styles, while proofing work to ensure accuracy of grammar,
punctuation, and spelling.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, confidentiality,
diplomacy, and flexibility; excellent telephone manner in handling a
variety of calls. Proven ability to demonstrate mature judgment,
confidentiality, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote and to maintain
positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
* Employee will be scheduled to work an average of 70% annually. This
position is subject to furlough (June-September and could be scheduled up
to 90 days) and curtailment periods (Spring and Winter holiday breaks
where operations are suspended up to 21 days due to the academic
* Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.