Big Data Architect
Posted on Feb 23, 2020 by Perficient
solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on
the planet. And you ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our
close partnerships with the world s biggest vendors. Our network of offices
across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you
the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We re proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year a
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and
collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned,
driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Big Data Architect in our
Data Solutions practice. This is a national position that can be located in any
well-connected city.Perficient is on a mission to help enterprises take
advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to
improve the business operations and better engage customers. Perficient s
Data Solutions practice has won dozens of industry awards for our state-a-the-
art and innovative solutions that we provide our customers. This is an
excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its
customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use
of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next
A Senior Solutions Architect is expected to be functionally knowledgeable in
multiple Big Data and NoSQL Technology areas and hands-on in either data
management or open-source programming. As a leader in our Data Solutions
practice, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more
projects; assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of
Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business
problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and
developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate
with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative
high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on
our clients' business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership,
mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing,
debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions,
consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple
industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior
Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team
* Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of Big Data technology
architecture. This includes data management architectures involving
batch, micro-batch, and real-time streaming of data in both cloud and on-
* Provide data architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams
* Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data
* Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business
Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other
cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release
* Project and solution estimation and team structure definition
* Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and
* Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of
technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to
continuous delivery to production.
* Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical
dependencies, issues, and risks.
* Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building
* Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
* Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities,
integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
* Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the
most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
* Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant
technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and
* Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience with Data Management
technologies and a minimum of 5 years of Hadoop, NoSQL, and Open-Source
data management technologies.
* Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide
strategic planning and oversight.
* Spring Boot is preferred
* Cloud Data Architecture experience.
* Experience in creating data lakes for AI and Machine Learning
* Must have a good grasp issues of securing Big Data in the cloud including
systems with PCI and PII related data.
* At least 3 Hadoop/NoSQL project implementations that exploit the full
capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) is a MUST.
* Experience with cloud Big Data Solutions from AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
* At least 5 Years of designing and architecting Big Data or Real-time
* Solid functional understanding of the Open-Source Big Data Technologies
incuding major Hadoop projects, Kafka, NoSQL Databases.
* Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the
implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
* Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure
* Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical
conditions and future direction.
* Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an
independent project from an architectural stand point.
* Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the
latest technology trends and best practices.
* Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within
* Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large
* Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
* Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical
individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate
effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
* Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-
* Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
* Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
* Experience leading internal initiatives.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Be independent and self-driven.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Must be open to travel.
* Master s degree in Computer Science or related field
* Candidates hands on experience with Hadoop technologies.
* Ability to lead data strategy assessments and technically lead
* Certifications on Hadoop technologies is preferred.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We
offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous
work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid
time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number
of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great
benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global
2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled
information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities,
Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and
value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and
strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce
costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices
across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index
and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of
job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by
the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion
to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh
the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status
(e.g. H-1B visa status)?