Posted on Feb 22, 2020 by FLEETCOR, LLC
The Data Architect develops and deploys architecture, standards, and processes to improve the management of information and data throughout the organization. Expected to work independently across multiple teams, he or she oversees the expansion of enterprise data as a strategic enabler of goals and objectives. In this role, the candidate will utilize technology, communication, and leadership skills to manage a multi-platform and hybrid-cloud data environment across the Corporate Payments business.Role Responsibility
- Develop enterprise data architecture: define the principles for acquisition, storage, enterprise data services, and data access for a variety of use-cases.
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Explain data architecture concepts to the business and engineering community and relate them to business problems then solutions
- Define and discuss high level requirements, solution design, and business data stewardship through a variety of techniques when working with business partners, third party groups and internal staff
- Act as the primary advocate of data modelling methodologies and data processing best practices
- Lead multiple projects and efforts to orchestrate and deliver cohesive data solutions in partnership with related architectural teams
- Collaborate with IT teams, software providers and business owners to predict and devise data architecture that addresses business needs for collection, aggregation and interaction with multiple data streams
Key Performance Indicators
- Data Flow and Master Data - Map, rationalize, model, and manage FleetCor enterprise data
- Integration - Provide consistency and availability of core business data across the organization
- Governance - Apply governance, stewardship, and frameworks for modeling and managing data and changes
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science, engineering or quantitative field
- Minimum ten years of experience in database administration and design
- Minimum eight years of experience in data-engineering-related field
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Expert knowledge of data modeling, logical/physical database design, and database optimization
- Deep experience with NoSQL databases, data visualization, and unstructured data
- Deep experience architecting and implementing solutions on RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, DB2, and SQLServer
- Strong foundation in all phases of system development lifecycle from requirements gathering through delivery
- Experience implementing end-to-end architecture and design for big data, cloud, data warehouse, and business intelligence
- Experience with advanced SQL including writing complex, multi-stage transformations, user-defined functions, stored procedures, and tuning query performance
- Experience scheduling, structuring, and owning data transformation jobs that span multiple systems and having volume and time requirements
- Experience with cloud-based data storage systems from AWS and/or Azure
- Deep understanding of financial services with experience in payment systems (preferred)
- Ability to partner with development teams through outstanding collaboration and communication
Drives to Win - Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance.
Communicates Clearly and Effectively - The ability to effectively share ideas, thoughts, information and feelings with a diverse range of audiences to development two-way understanding; it includes speaking, listening and written communication skills; the ability to influence others towards a desired way of thinking or course of action and to secure agreement to achieve common goals through effective negotiation.
Demonstrates Flexibility and Adaptability - Is open and receptive to appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift priorities as required, and to incorporate new approaches in support of changing organizational needs; possesses confidence in challenging the status quo and providing input to change efforts.
Focuses on Customer Service -A desire to help or meet the needs of customers; the ability to respond to the changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality and adhering to company policies, standards, practices and processes.
Teamwork - Is able to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationships with customer and co-workers; able to work cooperatively across organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals; possesses an understanding of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering collaboration and an
environment of mutual trust and respect.
Builds Relationships - The ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholder; it includes leveraging these contacts to influence positive outcomes for the business.
Develops Self - Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development, keeping abreast of current professional knowledge; is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve self.
Solves Problems - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; able to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner.
Manages and Executes on Projects - Establishes plans and manages resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on budget.
Acts with Integrity and Demonstrates Ethical Behavior - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones' motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct, truthful, keeps confidences, promises and commitments; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on personal accountability and a moral conviction to do the right thing.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizationsAbout the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit .
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion - FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World's Most innovative Companies - FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company - FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S & P 500 - In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S & P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to 'thrive & grow' thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiativesallowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.
Job Reference fleetcor/TP/14559/1353
Contract Type Full time
Closing Date 31 December, 2020
Job Category IT/Software Development
Business Unit Corporate Payments
Location Brentwood, TN, United States
Date posted 19 March, 2019