Posted on Feb 22, 2020 by AXA Insurance plc
Thank you for your interest in a position with the AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (Equitable).
We are seeking an IT savvy individual with experience as a Scrum Master, or with Agile principles and methodologies to lead a project team on Employee Benefits line of business. Your primary role will be a Scrum Master with opportunity for data analytical skillset applicability.
- The position serves as an influential intermediary between the assigned business clients and the development and other teams in the IT function, and requires a developing knowledge of both environments. This works as a team member on larger projects.
- Plays an advocacy role on projects for the business clients in all phases of the solution development lifecycle for each of the critical stages, including: initiation, analysis, development, testing, implementation and post implementation follow up.
- This position performs important intermediate level analysis and works closely with the business clients to identify core business issues in order to map out possible solutions. The mapping is used to develop the business case for action, defining the need, the method, and the benefits of proposed solutions.
- This position undertakes complex analysis to develop the detailed user stories or requirements of the solution in order to satisfy the business need.
- This position works closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine the solution design, methods and outcomes.
- You will be charged with being the 'eyes and ears' of the business, this position closely monitors progress to ensure that the emerging solution meets the demands of the user stories or requirements document. This may require the resolution of any conflicts arising due to any technical deviations from the agreed user stories or requirements.
- This position works very closely with the testing team, using the user stories or requirements document as a critical guide, to ensure that issues
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience working on an Agile Scrum team as a Scrum Master, or in an Agile/Scrum leadership fashion (lead the team during development to ensure timely delivery of monthly enhancements)
- 2+ years experience with systems/application testing (QA and/or UAT testing) - includes test script writing and execution
- Prior experience of 1+ years working on application of various software development life-cycles and techniques (traditional and agile)
- Interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Prior experience of 1+ years influencing, negotiation and elicitation skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- 2+years of experience working in an IT-related field (Insurance/Financial industry preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor's Degree in IT Field of study
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at or email us at .