Production Support Engineer
Posted on Feb 22, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Production Support Engineer. This role is revolved around supporting top tier business applications. This role will be ensuring application availability, working and leading the team towards resolving outages, incident root analysis, and problem/life cycle management. They are looking for someone who has 6+ years of production support experience working with Java applications. Also any experience with Splunk or technology like Splunk is a plus.
- Participate on outage calls, lead and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve outages in a timely fashion.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents/problems and coordinating with various support teams and carryout activities related to incident management.
- Communicate with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application.
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability.
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure).
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams. Test and validate system performance.
- 6+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) preferred
- 4 + years of experience with J2EE, Unix Shell script batches, Webservices, Restful services, IBM WebSphere, IBM WebSphere portal, Oracle database, Linux Red Hat
- 2+ years of experience with developing/supporting applications built on Oracle, SQL
- Experience in troubleshooting problems using Splunk (or similar tools) and APM tools (Dynatrace, App Dynamics).
- Some experience with GitHub is desired
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$90k - $100k Annual
$100k - $115k Annual