Part-Time Purchasing Clerk
Posted on Feb 22, 2020 by City of Parma
51618 - CLERK part time
City OF PARMA
612 - HUMAN RESOURCES & PURCHASING DEPARTMENT
The Clerk (part time) handles purchasing activities within the Human Resources and Purchasing Department. General responsibilities include but are not limited to obtaining informal bids for purchases, answering telephone calls, data entry, and addressing inquiries regarding the procurement of goods and services. The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and Purchasing. Performance of the core objectives of the position are essential job functions. This position is Unclassified (not classified) within the Civil Service of the City of Parma.
- Processes and forwards mail to the appropriate departments*
- Answers phone calls and forwards callers to the appropriate departments*
- Prepares correspondence and reports*
- Files material in appropriate files*
- Researches products, services and vendors pertaining to general office supplies*
- Processes general office supply orders for all City departments*
- Obtains informal bids for purchases*
- Maintains files of all supply orders and invoices*
- Processes payments of supply invoices that pertain to the Human Resources & Purchasing Department*
- Responsible for monitoring the mailroom postage meter and overseeing City-wide copier equipment*
- Responsible for completing the Human Resources & Purchasing Department's controlled asset and expendable inventory*
- Administers the Related Parties Questionnaire process*
- Performs all other related duties as assigned+
. Denotes Essential Job Functions
+ Denotes Essential Job Functions, Scheduling Accommodations Possible
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
The Clerk (part time) works 25-30 hours a week, 12-months a year as scheduled between 8:30am and 4:30pm., Monday through Friday. However, assigned hours may vary and additional hours may be required during peak work volumes. Regular and consistent on-site attendance is an essential job function. The incumbent performs his/her duties within a temperature-controlled environment with little supervision. The Clerk (part time) spends a significant portion of the day in a seated position. Mobility around City Hall is required. The incumbent will operate office equipment, which requires continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movements. The Clerk (part time) is evaluated annually by the Director of Human Resources and Purchasing.
Upon hire, a Clerk (part time) must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of clerical experience
- Good to strong organizational skills
- Good to strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good to strong orientation to detail
- Good to strong computer skills
- Good to strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
After hire and within 6 months of requisite training, a Clerk (part time) must have:
- Good working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the functions and operations of the department.
- A strong working knowledge of the City's procurement process
- The ability to accurately interpret and apply policies and procedures
- The ability to process invoices and retrieve data and information from the City's accounting computer system
- Computer proficiency
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and AFSCME Local
#3924 which expires on December 31, 2020, this position is paid at $9.35 - $10.25 per hour (0-1 year). The City of Parma is an equal opportunity employer.
The promotional probationary period shall be 60 days in accord with the above referenced Collective Bargaining Agreement. The new hire probationary period is one year.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Parma Human Resources & Purchasing Department at Parma City Hall, 6611 Ridge Road, Parma, Ohio. A resume is required. Applications and resumes shall be submitted after completion to the Human Resources & Purchasing Department no later than 4:00p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2020.