Technical Support Manager
Posted on Feb 22, 2020 by Pangea Connected Limited
Company name: Pangea Connected Limited
Company Sector: Telecommunications and IoT
Start date: ASAP
Role Title: Technical Support Manager
Pangea is an IoT (Internet of Things) solution provider. Established in 2014, we provide predominantly cellular-based services to the B2B market around the world, operating in industries such as asset tracking, smart healthcare, environmental monitoring and smart cities.
Pangea is growing rapidly and is looking for a Technical Support Manager to provide day to day second line technical support and provisioning for customer services, as well as mentoring and leading the team. A typical day would be split between provisioning complex customer CPE devices, assisting 2nd line support, liaising with suppliers, managing non-BAU customer requests, troubleshooting escalated tickets.
Pangea is a growing company which thinks big. You will be working in a close-knit environment and be celebrating the successes of the business, while helping manage the challenges. We work and play hard, so we need a Technical Support Manager who is bright, full of ideas, and willing to operate in a fluid and changing environment.
This role is ideal for a person who is technically minded but also can communicate with a wide audience on a business level.
Previous experience in a mobile network operator environment, in addition to computer networking experience, is essential.
Areas of the role include:
- Service setup for non-standard and complex services
- Provisioning on complex services and CPE configurations for customers
- Provisioning and support of non BAU type services for customers
- Support sales team with an understanding of product capabilities and value
- Project manage operations projects
- Testing of new products and services to be introduced into the Pangea portfolio
- Manage and mentor the 2 nd line team using your mobile network experience and technical expertise
- Assist in ensuring that the 2 nd line team is equipped and trained to service customers
- Report to the Operations Director
Required Skills for this role:
- Network certification, e.g. CCNA or networking related degree or diploma
- Previous 2 nd line or network support experience in a service provider environment
- Familiarity with CLI interfaces to configure routers, e.g. SSH / telnet / console
- Exposure to cellular network or broadband network environments
- Project and time management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An attention to detail and working on projects through to completion
- Confidence to work autonomously and liaise with a mix of individuals
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Assisting the team in the preparation and follow up process of on boarding of new clients
- Various ad hoc duties
- Team management, rostering and being a technical lead
- Ability to mentor team members
We look forward to working with you and welcoming the right candidate to our growing business.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£38k - £42k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£22k - £22.5k Annual
£21k - £21k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£380 - £420 Daily