Posted on Feb 22, 2020 by Pro.com
Back to search results | Start a new search
See other jobs at this company Learn More about Procom Print Save Email
Data Architect : On behalf of our large client, PROCOM Toronto is seeking a expert for a contract employment opportunity.
Data Architect : Job Details
- Lead diff data initiatives from architecture perspective, provide direction to multiple scrum teams on diff data initiatives and align with enterprise data strategy.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, business, and other key stakeholders.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the enterprise.
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones are needed
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Collaborate with project leads and consultants and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data and analytics.
- Document the project and programs data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture, an environment that supports a single version of the truth and is scalable to support future analytical needs.
- Skills and Experience
- You will have the following skills and experience:
- Expert in building and operationalizing BigData platforms in cloud using one of the public clouds, preferably MS Azure.
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Good to Haves
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
- Experience in building Micro services architecture
- Experience in Canary deployments, 0-downtime, 0-dataloss, active-active DR
- Exposure to and an understanding of Agile scrum methodologies and experience of working in an Agile team
- Exposure to and basic understanding of collaboration tools like Slack, Skype, Teams, and JIRA
Data Architect : Mandatory Skills
- Expert in Data Architecture, Data Strategy and Roadmap for large and complex organization and systems and implemented large scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions
- Expert in automating data pipelines in a Big Data ecosystem, DevOps and CICD.
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. Python, Spark etc)
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, , Hive, Hbase, Spark, Python, Kafka)
Data Architect : Start Date
Data Architect : Assignment Length
For 35 years, Procom has been pushing the envelope in North American IT staffing solutions. Driven by a senior management team of seasoned recruitment professionals, we have offices in 14 locations in the US and Canada and service all major IT markets.
When we started out in 1978, tech jobs were just being integrated into the workplace. We have been a part of shaping the landscape of IT in Canada ever since, placing IT consultants in major businesses in all sectors, including banking, telecommunications, and retail.
Through all the peaks and valleys of the IT industry, we have consistently done one thing: helping IT professionals discover the next chapter in their career.
This job was successfully e-mailed. An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later.
E-mail this job to a friend... Or yourself! Error. Please check that the e-mails are valid.
From (your e-mail)
To (recipient's e-mail)
Login to save this job to your account.
Login is currently unavailable while we perform necessary maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.
You've Successfully Saved:
Sign in Successful!
Your note has been saved successfully.
View My Saved Jobs
Your registration is out of date, you need to update your challenge questions to continue. Click here to update your questions.
Verify your identity to proceed. Click here to verify
Email Address or Password is Invalid
New user? Register here
Automatically sign me in next time.
Thanks for your patience - we'll be done shortly.
Submit your email address to begin the application process for the Data Architect job
* Email Address:
Email is invalid Email address is needed