Technical Solutions Architect Exablaze NYC
Posted on Feb 20, 2020 by Cisco
for Cisco's Datacenter Networking portfolio for the WW data Center team. You
will position our solutions whilst adopting a business sales approach. You will
define how Cisco s products, services, and partners can deliver enhanced
business outcomes to our customers.
As a Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) you will play a pivotal role in
facilitating the continued success for the Cisco Field sales teams in selling
the full suite of Data Center Switching products. In this position, you'll be
working technology specialists to help them position systems architecture
solutions effectively against opposing offerings. You will plan sales
strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations/demos, and
working together, close business. You will also partner with the Business Unit
to drive Product direction.
Who You'll Work With
Global BDM s, Cisco Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Leaders,
Partners, Eco-System Partners and Sales Managers. Technical selling skills a
must (Applications, Servers, Storage, SDN, Networking L2-L7.) Some Travel
required. Building strong customer relationships inside and outside of IT that
challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability
within Cisco - Focusing on collaboratively contributing to the long term
success of the WW Datacenter team and Cisco through the sharing of standard
methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently
striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You Are
You are passionate about presales engineering activities, demonstrating Cisco's
Networking products, solutions and architectures in data center. You have
extensive knowledge and experience with Data Center Networking and
Virtualization Technologies, Solutions and Architectures. Extensive experience
selling data center networking and virtualization technologies at the
engineering level through the CxO level. Extraordinary leadership, coaching,
and mentoring, skills. You love teaching and helping others.
Expertise and knowledge of
* Networking Protocols, Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, OTV, LISP, etc.
* Storage networking Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
* X86 hardware solutions. Rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM,
Dell, and Cisco
* Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, WAN operation and optimization,
* VMware ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), vCloud
* Automation vRealize, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
* Data Center facilities power/cooling/cabling.
* Disaster recovery solutions backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby,
* High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC,
Veritas, et al.)
* Applications Architecture desired.
* Virtualization Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
* Databases Data warehousing/analytics solutions
* EMC, NetApp technologies and solutions primarily (Vblocks, FlexPods)
* Competitive offerings from Arista, HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed, IBM,
* Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems
* Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and
presentation skills. Ability to work effectively, add value as a team
member and assume a leadership role for the team. Demonstrated technical
knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate
information within an Area or Operation. Ability to understand complex
technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or
solicit the required resources.
* Experience in application, Data Center, server, virtualization or
* Proven track record with the ability to work unsupervised; ability to
interact as a value-added team member
* Ability to manage a long and complex sales cycle
* Experienced in multi-level selling, comfortable influencing CxO, IT
Managers, Purchasing, etc.
* Must have the ability to work with customers to drive, track and
communicate customer business outcomes before, during and after the sales
* Good listening and strong presentation skills
* Knowledge of Data Center Architectures and Services incorporating
Applications, Servers, Storage, and Data Center Switching technologies
* Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of the
organizations (account managers, technical leaders, Partners, Channels,
* Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of
* Requires a solutions sales approach versus a product box drop
* This person must work well in teams, understand Cisco's Enterprise
engagement model and be able to create a win-win environment for key
* Position requires a passion for driving strategies; a strong personality
with demonstrated leadership skills working in a complex matrix
organization; a strong presence and credibility established with the
client base and internally
The ideal candidate will have/must be
* Ideal candidate should possess technical sales and cross functional/
* Experience selling solutions to senior executives at named accounts
* Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically
and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and
* Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term
* 8+ years related experience.
* Cisco Data Center product positioning required.
* Data Center Networking Platforms Nexus2-9K, ACI, MDS, DCNM, VXLAN
* Competitive product experience required (HP, Juniper, Brocade, Riverbed,
IBM, Dell, Arista).
* Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification is
highly desirable and/or preferred.
* Experience in Ultra-low latency switching is a big plus. High-Frequency
trading and/or financial market experience will give you an edge
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a
team and make a difference. Here s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital
businesses. Some may think we re old (30 years strong!) and onl
hardware, but we re also a software company. And a security company. A
blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an
intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company
can do what we do you can t put us in a box!
But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture
allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a
break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We
take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart.
Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all,
there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like
polka dots? That s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for
technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic
information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected