Posted on Feb 20, 2020 by ThenDesign Architecture
ThenDesign Architecture is accepting resumes for a Accountant/Heavy Bookkeeper. Primary accounting responsibilities will include general accounting (A/P and A/R), payroll, and use skills to offer efficiencies in processes.
- Basic bookkeeping with accounts payables and/or accounts receivable duties
- Compile routine backup for necessary GL accounts
- Provide supporting documents and reports for project accounting and financials
- Responsible to sort, code, proof vendor invoices and match to proper back up
- Enter A/P invoices into accounting software; monitor to ensure payments are up to date
- Process A/P payments and employee expense reports
- Maintain vendor accounts
- Review, research, and resolve vendor invoices/statements for discrepancies
- Spearhead credit card & UPS expense entry and balance accounts
- Manages/maintains accounts with outside vendors and consultants
- Process payroll
- Provide assistance to the Controller and the HR Director, as needed
- Minimum of an Associates in Accounting or comparable experience, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably within the A/E/C or professional service industry.
Skills and Technical Experience:
- Good communication skills - both written & verbal
- Integrity, trust worthy, honest, transparent, reliable, etc.
- Detailed, accurate, timely, organized, analytical, etc.
- Familiar with excel, word, accounting software, etc.
- Self- motivated, resourceful, etc.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word) required.
- Experience with Ajera accounting/ERP software a plus.
- Experience using an HRIS/Payroll software preferred.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.