Java Software Engineer
Posted on Feb 20, 2020 by Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Tier II - Credit Check High
The Treasury Services department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a candidate for a Software Engineer position. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in operating the nation's payment system. This position will have responsibilities in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of an enterprise solution in a JAVA environment.
- Active participant through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post implementation support and maintenance
- Analyzes, designs, codes and implements enterprise technology software solutions.
- Analyzes business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for independent implementation or for less experienced team members.
- Creates estimates and work breakdown structures on assigned development tasks.
- Develops strong partnerships and relationships with team members, business customers and other key stakeholders
- Consults effectively with customers and business partners on defined assignments.
- Communicates status and progress on assignments.
- Recognizes issues and risks and raises as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency with;
o Web Application Frameworks (e.g. Spring MVC).
o Modern ORM technology (e.g. Hibernate).
o Java Enterprise Applications (e.g. JEE, Spring, etc.).
o Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, MVC patterns.
- At the Software Engineer II level we require at least six years and at the Senior Software Engineer we require at least 8 years of relevant and progressive application development experience directly related to the design and development of software solutions; with some experience in enterprise-class solutions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g. Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Preferred experience developing using Agile Software Development principles.
- Preferred experience automating DevOps responsibilities
United States citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information.