Java Software Engineer
Posted on Feb 19, 2020 by Kronos
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Description Kronos is looking for a passionate developer with high volume web application experience to join our team in our Lowell, MA headquarters.
- Make an immediate impact on our fast moving, customer centric web applications
- The right Senior Java Engineer will have experience with various object-oriented programming languages and be able to work with both front end technologies as well as implement server-side logic
- The Java Engineer needs to be able to think strategically and operate tactically to be able to deliver on the technical vision of the company
- With wide-ranging experience, use professional concepts in line with company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- 3-5 years direct industry experience
- Programming concepts, design patterns, OOP, TDD, AOP, IOC/DI
- Strong SQL skills - including Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Version control systems and methodologies (Git preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience - Preferred
- JSTL, JSP, Thymeleaf
- Has an excellent understanding of programming and testing concepts, design patterns, and best practices, and is able translate that understanding directly to implementations
You're empowered when you're a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance - to live inspired. In fact, it's expected! You'll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you're a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos' industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations - including half of the Fortune 1000 - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email or please call
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.