Cloud DevOps Engineer
Posted on Feb 18, 2020 by Campbell Soup
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Cloud & DevOps Engineer
The Cloud and DevOps Engineer is a member of the IT Platforms, Technical Architecture & Automation team within Campbells IT department reporting to the Director, Technical Architecture & Automation.
The Cloud and DevOps Engineer will be responsible for engineering and implementation of all cloud and DevOps platforms supporting the enterprise. The scope includes Microsoft Azure as the primary enterprise public cloud platform used for hosting Campbells enterprise workloads and applications as well as Amazon Web Services which is used for hosting digital marketing back end APIs and services.
The Cloud and DevOps engineer will own the strategy, capability development, and level 4 support for the enterprise as well as be responsible for managing the delivery of vendors and managed service providers.
The ideal candidate should have a broad infrastructure understanding with a specialization in public cloud technology and DevOps tools and methodology. In addition to possessing core competency in the skills required, the ideal candidate should possess a pragmatic can do attitude and have a willingness to take on new and adjacent areas of responsibility.
- Design and engineering of solutions hosted in Campbells Microsoft Azure and AWS public cloud environments.
- Management of vendor relationship and service delivery for partners providing managed service implementation and support services for the above environments.
- Ownership and management of software platforms supporting cloud and DevOps transformation across the enterprise including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Git, Azure DevOps, Bibucket, Jenkins, Azure Resource Manager Templates, Azure Policy, Azure Automation, Azure Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks, and Azure Platform-as-a-Service (Paas) including: Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for MySQL, etc.
- Own strategy, implementation, and management of DevOps release management process including administration of Git source code repositories, Jenkins, and writing/updating scripts for deployment
- Collaborate with the IT Platforms Technical Architect on strategy, roadmap, standards, and implementation of new capability
- Manage cost to serve and optimize for all components of the architecture
- Ownership and accountability for all in scope services inclusive of issue/problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Agile solution development and delivery for new capabilities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5 - 10 years experience in Cloud and DevOps engineering.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (preferred) and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Windows Server and IIS system administration.
- Linux server and open source web server (Apache, NGINX) system administration.
- Experience with Java Application Servers (JBoss, Tomcat).
- Scripting experience with PowerShell and/or Linux shell.
- Experience implementing DevOps concepts such as continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with DevOps related tools (Git, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management (Azure Resource Manager Templates, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef/Puppet, Ansible, Azure Desired State Configuration, etc.) a big plus.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $115k Annual
$100k - $115k Annual
$100k - $115k Annual