Posted on Feb 17, 2020 by Machine Zone, Inc.
- Design, configure, deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot production network infrastructure and associated services
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot load balancing and firewalling solutions
- Create and maintain documentation of network designs, processes, and procedures
- Identify and solve problems related to overall infrastructure performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Adhere to change control policy requirements
- Maintain external peering relationshipsYour background and who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working in a network engineering role supporting a large production network consisting of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers
- Proficiency in scripting / automation using Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Strong network triage and troubleshooting skills - You like to get into the weeds
- Understanding of production/service provider infrastructure and large-scale environments
- Proven networking skills across multiple vendors (Arista, Cisco, Juniper and F5)
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF) and tunneling protocols (GRE, VXLAN) - You enjoy reading RFCs in your spare time!
- Experience with public cloud network design, connectivity and management (AWS, Google)
- Experience with wireless network support and best practices
- Self-starter with a proven record of overcoming both technical and design obstacles
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work with cross functional teams MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $120k Annual