Posted on Feb 17, 2020 by TreeHouse Foods Inc
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 2/15/2020
Job Code: POSTING-3-15705-2218
Job Posting Title:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish leadership goals and set the strategic direction for the Production team.
- Establish a Safety First culture and support all guidelines of GMP's, HARP-C, FDA, the Environmental Control Act, and OSHA standards to ensure that the plant is in compliance.
- Communicate the company mission, vision and values through words and actions.
- Display enthusiastic drive in order to encourage better business performance. Set high goals and standards of performance for peers and direct reports. Interact effectively to foster teamwork
- Play a strategic role in the training and development of all direct reports. Manage a staff of direct reports through regular performance reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement towards a high performance organization, while assuring effective performance of the department. Function as a mentor to build a positive and productive working environment.
- Self-directed and able to recognize and pursue opportunities not identified by others.
- Manage production KPIs including, labor budget, yield, OEE, etc.
- Apply CI manufacturing principles to improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizational and departmental metrics.
- Develop, recommend and implement measures to improve production methods and equipment performance in order to produce a quality product.
- Develop capital justification for the factory to improve safety, quality, costs and efficiency. Implement effective systems to monitor, control and reduce operating expenses.
- Analyze production reports including: production numbers, downtime, and labor/overtime to develop improvement plans. Communicate required actions based on production data to plant management and production staff with regards to performance, process improvements, safety and quality.
- Align production activities with other functional areas in the plant including Planning, Quality and Maintenance to optimize resources. Assist with product development by working with the commercialization team, engineering resources and the finance team in order to ensure capabilities of the production process and projects.
- Oversee the development and establishment of standard operating procedures and work instructions through the training supervisor and assigned resources. Ensure proper training and implementation throughout all production areas.
- Hire, train, coach and review performance of hourly employees. Work with HR on employee disciplinary issues, terminations and recruitment.
- Ability to assume all duties and responsibilities of plant manager as needed. Willing to serve as interim plant manager should the need arise. Ability to relocate.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, or a related field required
- Seven years or more in a senior manufacturing, production leadership role, including direct management of both salaried and hourly positions
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Familiarity with OSHA, FDA, EPA, HARP-C regulations
- Critical thinking with ability to conduct root cause analysis
- Able work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with others, have good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Company: TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.