Senior Java Developer
Posted on Feb 16, 2020 by ICF International, Inc
The ideal candidate will work as part of a team of technical analysts and will provide highly technical and specialized analysis, guidance, and solutions to complex information system challenges in support of IT strategy, governance, stakeholder engagement, and systems engineering life cycle activities.
- Performs analysis, design, coding, and testing for system software components, databases, and applications possessing a wide range of capabilities (e.g., engineering, business, and records management functions) to advance proofs-of-concept, reusable frameworks, and reference applications/architectures.
- Develops requirements and technical specifications; prepares program and customer-level documentation.
- Assists senior analysts in preparing input and test data for the proposed system; and enhances and maintains software.
- Analyzes existing systems for documenting as-is system analysis and make recommendations to future designs.
- Transitions system development from business to system use cases.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Propose innovative improvements to existing processes and technologies and novel integration approaches for newly acquired solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline.
- 10+years of experience developing web-based enterprise solutions: front-end, mid-tier, and server/database.
- Expert use of Eclipse IDE (or equivalent).
- Expertise in: Accessible UI design, responsive design, aspect-oriented programming, containers, microservices.
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and tuning of application servers.
- Possess strong written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Agile delivery.
- ParaSoft experience.
- Fortify experience.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Cloud development: AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry, Box, Salesforce.
- Tomcat / WebLogic.
- Familiarity with:
- Oracle 11g, 12c, and Application Express (APEX)
- Mobile application development platforms
- Data visualization (D3.js and similar)
- Apache Camel
- .NET application development
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills.
- Teamplayer with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstratedcustomer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support.
- Solid oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Problemsolving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, orpotential problems and recommend solutions.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If youre seeking to make a difference in the world, visit to find your next career. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $120k Annual