Senior Java Developer -- Full Stack
Posted on Feb 16, 2020 by Federal Reserve Bank San Francisco
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Tier II - Credit Check
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed's most critical functions include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
Under general supervision, the Java Developer - Full Stack designs, tests, and implements Java-based web applications using industry standard software development practices, techniques, tools, and frameworks. Under the guidance of a Lead Java Developer and Application Architect, supports the design and develops complex business components in Java deploying to Java EE Application Servers. Provide technical support for production incidents, as well as system operations and maintenance support during system and application testing functions.
- Translate application use cases, user stories, and UI specifications into dynamic web applications.
- Provide estimates of level of work effort and time for completion.
- Develop and unit test complex application web components.
- Develop complex application business logic using Java. Design and code, and integrate application business layer with external application components.
- Create or update system documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, testing, and implementing Java-based web applications
- Expert on Java and Java EE technologies
- Expert working with Agile development methodologies
- Solid experience with Version Control systems such as GIT
- Experience with configuring automated CI/CD pipelines and able to use automation tools such as Bamboo/Jenkins and Selenium
- Experience developing in a Cloud (AWS) environment preferred
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring
- Experience with Spring Projects such as Spring Boot, SpringMVC, Spring Data preferred
- Experience with SOAP or REST services
- Experience with WebLogic and/or WebSphere preferred
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS or other relational databases
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA preferred
- Must be familiar with implementing standard best practices (e.g. secure programming, Java patterns, and Test Driven Development)
- Will work with sensitive material and follow proper protection standards
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade and/or salary
- Travel (5%)
- Position requires US Citizen or lawful permanent resident with three or more years of US residencyRanked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversityin age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgroundsare recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.