Posted on Feb 16, 2020 by Bahnson Environmental Specialties
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Inspector Trainee
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA-based inspections of water based fire systems, fire alarm systems, and fire extinguishers. Travel to customer sites will be required.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast paced multi tasked environment with a focus towards customer development and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all the necessary NFPA codes that support each fire system. Travel to customer sites will be required.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems, and describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Learn how to perform NFPA 25 based inspections on Wet, Dry, Deluge, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems and Fire Pumps.
- Learn how to perform NFPA 72 based inspections on Fire Alarm systems, including all components of Fire Alarm systems.
- Learn how to perform NFPA 25 based inspections on Standpipe Systems and Fire Hydrants.
- Learn how to perform NFPA 10 based inspections on Fire Extinguishers.
- Learn how to perform basic troubleshooting of Wet based Fire Sprinkler Systems that can be described to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Learn how to perform basic troubleshooting of Fire Alarm systems, to include replacing fire alarm system components, such as smoke detectors and pull stations when applicable.
- Learn how to complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to administrative personnel in a timely manner.
- Learn how to self-schedule daily inspections.
- Learn how to up-sell the Company's capabilities to new and existing customers.
- Pass OSHA certification to perform inspections from personnel lifts at elevations of 30-40 feet above ground level.
- Learn how to perform annual inspections on both Domestic and Fire Backflows.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience:
- Learn excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and quick learner.
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to achieve any required certifications, including NICET required.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds without assistance required
- Ability to walk, stand, and climb stairs for extended periods of time required.
- High school diploma or GED required; vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues required.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors or articulating lifts required.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.