Senior Web Application Developer, Content management systems
Posted on Feb 15, 2020 by Sun Life
empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic
colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge
with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar
to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make
life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do.
Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families
and communities around the world.
The Digital Solutions team is looking for an experienced Senior Web Application
Developer Content management systems to provide technical design,
development, support and analysis for large-scale Content management
applications and systems. The successful candidate is a team player with
excellent technical and problem-solving skills, is aware of industry trends,
questions the status quo and can identify and propose alternatives.
What will you do?
* Collaborate with other team members to understand user needs and
designing, developing and delivering high quality web applications that
meet those needs
* Provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to the design and development
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to projects ensuring risks are
mitigated and projects are implemented successfully
* Contribute to defining timelines and plans; analyze and estimate
feasibility, cost, time and scope
* Ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are
completed as required
* Periodic weekend/after-hours work may be required to support project
implementations and system upgrades.
* Occasional travel between Sun Life locations (Toronto, Waterloo) may be
required depending on work assignment
What do you need to succeed?
* Extensive hands on experience developing applications with Adobe
Experience Manager (AEM)
* Deep knowledge and understanding of the following: AEM CQ, JCR, Apache
JSON, HTML5, CSS3
* Solid experience with CQ5 building blocks including templates,
components, dialogs, widgets and bundles. Experience developing
applications, templates, and components for the Adobe CQ product (WCM,
DAM, CRX); ExtJS.
* Experience developing AEM templates, and components as per Adobe Best
* Strong working experience with Java, J2EE, Unix/Linux, web and web
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with other Content Management Systems such as OpenText WEM or
* Experience in executing large projects to build enterprise applications
using Adobe AEM and Adobe Marketing Cloud Campaign, Analytics, Targ
and Search & Promote
* Experience using DevOps tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, BitBucket, Maven,
* Advanced overall understanding of Web applications and server
* Experience with open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and
* You must be eligible for the enhanced reliability clearance
* University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
* 10+ years of Web application development experience and at least 3 years
of experience with AEM 6.0+
* Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
* Adaptable to working on teams delivering in a Waterfall or agile style
* Customer obsession customers are at the centre of all we do
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a strong,
collaborative, multi-site team
* Self-directed and proactive
* Coaching and mentoring skills to help strengthen your team
What's in it for you?
* Being part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital
* Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your
* Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future
* A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your
The candidate selected for this role is required to have special clearance from
the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. To see if you are eligible for this
clearance, please review the section 201 on the Federal Government site ( http:
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It
may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other
factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in
various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to
individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales
incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life.
A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our
clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We
welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or
those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.
73,800/73 800 - 124,100/124 100
IT - Application Development