Technical Support Engineer Job posting in #Remote, MA ITjobs
Posted on Feb 15, 2020 by Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Technical Support Engineer
Arrow Electronics has an excellent opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer in our Cambridge, MA location. This position will be primarily responsible for internal end-user support with the opportunity to work on dedicated and cloud server infrastructure in a global, complex, and rapidly growing environment. This role will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our SiliconExpert, Transim and SaaS division production, staging, and test ecosystems.
The ideal candidate is someone that has in-depth experience with Level 2 Technical Support, end-user support, and application support. This individual may also have experience administering production level and highly available systems and a passion for identifying and implementing system improvements.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support IT System/Network projects and office applications support related to Arrow's SiliconExpert, Transim, and Aspencore product lines.
- Interface to US, China and EMEA users with Arrow's corporate IT support team.
- Security initiatives and customer cloud issues - interface to customer when and if needed.
- Foster and support a healthy relationship with Arrow's vendors including: Rackspace, Amazon and Alibaba.
- Support service improvements, migration and cloud cost optimization projects that are continuous throughout the year.
- Builds and supports IT setups for new ideas/innovation; agility is key here.
- Ownership of various systems engineering projects related to Windows, Linux, and SaaS Cloud systems infrastructure.
- Support and administer production environment Active Directory domain, DNS, and group policy in accordance with best practice.
- Support, build, and troubleshoot Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016 systems for production and test platforms.
- Support Windows 10, MS Outlook/Exchange, MS Office 2016, Office 365, and Apple OX.
- Provide second-level IT technical support to onsite and remote users by resolving moderately complex to highly complex technical issues.
- Deploy PC software fixes, patches, updates for Windows and Apple devices.
- Recommend, design, and roll out cloud and physical network, storage, and system improvements to ensure redundancy, high availability, and security.
- Rotating on-call responsibilities.
What We Are Looking For
- 3 - 5+ years of Technical Support, applications support, and/or Cloud support; ideally in a Level 2 support role.
- Recent experience supporting end-users in a remote capacity.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues while maintaining a service-oriented model.
- General IT Support (PCs, laptops, mobile devices, hardware, etc.)
- Sharp analytic and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience working in multi-tier application and highly available environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of systems and network security engineering and best practice.
- Understanding of load balancer, firewall, and router configuration.
- Experience configuring and maintaining an Active Directory Forest, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
- Knowledge of database systems infrastructure support and basic Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent work ethic, customer service, and teamwork skills.
- Passion for continual improvement.
Nice to Have
- Proven Microsoft Windows/Linux systems engineering, support, and design skills.
- Understanding of SaaS Cloud architecture and best practice.
- Experience hosting SQL Server infrastructure.
- Basic Linux administration or a desire to learn.
- MSCE, MSCA, or MCP a plus.
Experience / Education
Bachelor's Degree in related field: Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems/Network Engineering (preferred)
What's In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient office location near public transit system.
- Onsite kitchen and snack stations available.
- Flexible remote and telecommute schedule options.
- Free parking.
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-MA-Cambridge, Massachusetts (Main Street)