Posted on Feb 15, 2020 by HomeAdvisor
We are seeking an eager and driven Software Test Engineer to join our dedicated and passionate software delivery teams in sunny Denver, CO! Come join and build a team committed to building, designing and implementing robust systems for catching software bugs automatically before they reach our 100M+ customers.
Every application you work on will directly impact the quality and performance of how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You will be a part of a software delivery team and will be responsible for test planning and execution, writing automated test cases and scripts, building automated regression coverage, and performing manual exploratory testing for feature delivery.
As a Software Test Engineer on our team, you will:
- Bring a quality mindset to the collaborative definition and refinement of features
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design or improve features for testability
- Design, build, and maintain effective test strategies based on business requirements
- Perform exploratory testing of new features
- Automate tests to ensure consistency and reliability, and accelerate product delivery
- Execute feature and regression test strategies and analyze and document results
- Collaborate with your team on assessing feature and defect risks and priorities
We'd love to work with you if:
- You're a smart, outcome-oriented individual who takes initiative and ownership
- You strive to raise the bar on quality for our homeowners and service professionals
- You champion automation to enable inventive and more efficient ways to do things
- You possess drive, positivity, curiosity, and a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them
- You can thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, innovative and creative environment
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies, and working directly with development team
- Extensive experience developing test plans from user story requirements.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of common open-source automation frameworks (e.g. Mocha, WebDriverIO, Cypress, JUnit, Spock)
- Experience using git-based version control systems
- At least 2 years' experience testing web applications with automation tools.
- Experience programmatically testing API contracts and behaviors with Postman or similar tools
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Experience with BDD frameworks like Cucumber, SpecFlow, behave, or Lettuce
- Experience with SQL and relational databases to collect and orchestrate test data
- CI experience to enable automated test execution with tools like Jenkins, TravisCI, or GitlabCI
HomeAdvisor helps homeowners find and connect to pre-screened home improvement specialists through our web-based and mobile applications, and we're helping small business owners advertise and grow their businesses. HomeAdvisor and Angie's List combined in 2017 to create the nation's largest home services marketplace. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), HomeAdvisor connects millions of homeowners across the country with service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 12 brands in eight countries.
The HomeAdvisor software engineering team is responsible for the technical design, architecture, and development for our desktop and mobile applications as well as the tools and frameworks used internally for productivity. We operate an Agile model where our engineers have a direct impact on how our customers use our products, tools, and services. As a Software Test Engineer, you'll join a group of experts and participate with teams across the organization in collaborating to define, create and deploy our most innovative and cutting-edge technical solutions.
If you're excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team - this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit to register.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.