Escort/Outreach Driver - Part Time
Posted on Feb 15, 2020 by City of Parma
51039 - ESCORT/OUTREACH DRIVER (part time)
City OF PARMA
DONNA SMALLWOOD ACTIVITIES CENTER AND OFFICE AND AGING*
The part time Escort/Outreach Driver operates a city vehicle (bus, van, or car). The incumbent performs transportation and/or escort service to various locations in the cities of Parma and Seven Hills. The part time Escort/Outreach Driver works under the direct supervision of the Transportation/Escort Coordinator and the general supervision of the Center Director. Performance of the core objectives of the position are essential job functions. This position is Unclassified (not classified) within the Civil Service of the City of Parma.
Transportation & Escort Duties
- Checks transportation/escort schedule for assignments or cancellations*
- Picks up assigned vehicle from the parking area*
- Transports/escorts clients to and from destination*
- Reports back to Center and turns in donations to the Escort Coordinator*
- Returns vehicle to the parking area at the end of his/her shift*
- Assists with meal deliveries as needed+
- Performs daily maintenance vehicle checks and reports maintenance problems to the Escort Coordinator*
- Performs all other related duties as assigned+
.Denotes Essential Job Functions
+Denotes Essential Job Functions, Scheduling Accommodations Possible
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Multi-Passenger City Vehicle (Bus, Van, or Car)
- Vehicle Safety Equipment
- Citizens' Band Radio
The part time Escort/Outreach Driver normally works 14-20 hours a week as scheduled between 7:30a.m. and 3:30p.m., Monday through Friday. The incumbent's work schedule may vary; the ability to work a flexible schedule is required. Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential job function. The part time Escort/Outreach Driver spends a large percentage of time in a vehicle. The position requires flexibility and the ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances and emergencies. The incumbent must be capable of maneuvering a multi-passenger vehicle and assisting older adults on and off the vehicle. The part time Escort/Outreach Driver must be in sound physical condition with good vision and good reflexes. The incumbent must be able to maneuver a wheelchair; and lift, carry, load and unload packages of up to 20 pounds.
Upon hire, a part time Escort/Outreach Driver must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid State of Ohio Passenger license
- A safe driving record
- Sensitivity to seniors and their needs
- A record of reliability and dependability
After hire, a part time Escort/Outreach Driver must have:
- Defensive driving training (program selected by the City of Parma)
- Obtained CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) course certification
- First Aid Training (program selected by the city)
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of the geography of Parma and the surrounding areas
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Parma and AFSCME Local #3924 which expires on December 31, 2020, the starting rate of pay for a part time Escort/Outreach Driver is $10.25 per hour..The position is funded by the City of Seven Hills and donations from older adults. If funding is reduced, the hours of the job may change or be eliminated. The City of Parma is an equal opportunity employer.
Promotional probationary period shall be 60 days in accord with the above referenced Collective Bargaining Agreement. New hire probationary period is one year.
Applications may be obtained from the City of Parma Human Resources & Purchasing Department. A resume is required. Applications and resumes shall be submitted after completion to the City of Parma Human Resources & Purchasing Department no later than 4:00p.m. on Friday, February 21, 2020.
51039 Rev. 040918;09.26.19;10.24.19
.Cost Center will change based on funding.