Posted on Feb 15, 2020 by GeekSoft Consulting BV
Primary Skill Set - Electrical Engineering, PCBA Design, System Design, HDL Design, Component Management, IT Engineering Infrastructure, application expert, infrastructure Expert with Mentor Graphics tool expertise
Support Customer design processes and E-CAD tooling (System Design, PCBA Design, HDL Design, Component Management). Define/specify improvements in E-CAD tool environment, including evaluation of possible solutions. Communicate with suppliers about required enhancements. Analyze project specific E-CAD requirements and propose solutions. Drive implementation projects, implement (design & realize), test and release improvements/bug fixes in E-CAD tool environment, including training of users. Support and drive installation, configuration and maintenance of the E-CAD environment/tools, which operate on an UNIX/Solaris, Linux and Windows compute platform.
- Take ownership of the E-CAD solution for supporting Electronic Design engineering as provided to the internal customer. The engineering environment is used by approximately 500 developers.
- Support design engineers with tool related questions.
- Isolate bugs in E-CAD tool environment and communicate to tool supplier.
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents.
- Install and maintain E-CAD tools in Linux environment, including definition and maintenance of design/re-use libraries.
- Implement (design & realise), test and release improvements/bug-fixes in E-CAD tool environment, including training of users
- Specify improvements in E-CAD tool environment, including evaluation of possible solution
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of improvements
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
- At least Bachelor level or equivalent, IT related or Engineering related.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Thorough understanding and at least 3 years of practical experience with:
- Electrical engineering development environments (System, PCBA, HDL, Component Management)
- Unix/Linux Hardware infrastructure.
- Engineering Applications (Mentor Graphics DxDesigner/Expedition/DMS, ClearCase, Mentor Graphics QuestaSim, Makefile structures, Altera & Xilinx FPGA Tools)
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
- Highly motivated team player
- Vision and opinion
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.