Posted on Feb 15, 2020 by FLIR Systems
Starts Feb 4, 2020
Closes Mar 5, 2020
Banking & Financial Services
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Designs, develops and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating the standard and special devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Characterization, test, and analysis of bolometer readouts and FPAs in a production environment
- Develop test software or modify/augment previously developed software using Visual Basic
- Configure test set hardware to perform required characterization or production testing
- Write Test Procedures and Test Reports as appropriate
- Mentor for test technicians working in a production test environment
- Assist other engineers and technicians in the performance of related duties
- Interact with various supervisors and production personnel to ensure effective communication and product flow
- Attention to Detail required to ensure consistent conscientiousness related to the quality of work, by performing work assignments with acute attention to detail, precision, accuracy, thoroughness, and orderliness.
- Analytical Problem-Solving skills are required to be able to understand and solve complex issues as they relate to production and engineering test software and hardware.
- Collaboration & teamwork required to effectively support production, engineering, and processing team methods and objectives.
- Communication Skills-Oral, Listening & Written are essential to communicating effectively to meet milestones and schedules.
- Continuous Learning is necessary to keep current with technology advances in the fields of electronics, computers and associated test and analysis software.
- Coping Skills are essential to be able to stay focused, calm and cool to deal with multiple demands, priority milestones, changing priorities and production schedule
- Flexibility is required to ensure adaptability when working with production and special projects that need changing priorities and timely execution.
Knowledge & Experience in the following required:
- Infrared readout and Focal Plane Arrays
- Principals of PC-based testing and characterization
- Strong computer skills - Windows, Word, Excel, Visual Basic
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing using the English language
- B.S. Engineering - advanced degree preferred
- 4-10 years of test engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of Infrared readout and Focal Plane Arrays
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.