Cloud Security Engineer Lead - Work from home
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Tri-S Recruiters, Inc.
$30 Billion Global corporation needs a Cloud Security Engineer to design and build Cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications, with the need to protect against ongoing and potential security threats.
This role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas and the aptitude to define new security strategies in a global environment.
- Drive cloud security engineering conversations for our enterprise IT and business IT teams in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS implementations. Actively assess existing Cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Participate as an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering Cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security practices within domain expertise.
- Engineer and implement new Cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of Cloud computing resources. Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations. Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- 5 or more years of related experience preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, or Ansibl)
- Advanced experience with public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure); good understanding of SOC, Cloud operations, security, automation, and orchestration
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows Servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP; familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and applications within a secure, regulated environment; knowledge to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- DevOps and Scripting skills in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures; experience working with Cloud security and governance tools and server virtualization technologies
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional Preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional Preferred