DB2 Database Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by SidTech LTD
1) Is this a confirmed opportunity: Yes
2) Customer: UBS
3) Contract duration: 6 months to start with, with certain chances of extension for good candidates
4) Expected Start date: Immediate, within 4 weeks, the earlier the better
5) Job location: Manno, Zurich or Basel
DB2 Database Engineer Data Warehouse
Do you have a proven track record using OLAP technologies? Are you fluent in SQL? Do you have a curious nature and are you interested in working on large databases?
We're looking for a DB2 database engineer to:
- design, prototype, implement and maintain innovative solution on analytic platforms to meet user requirements
- conduct and participate in requirement and data analysis
- analyze, troubleshoot and performance tune existing database applications
- collaborate efficiently with business, data analysts and other team members to transform business needs into working software
You'll be working in the Analytics Marts & Reporting team in Zurich, closely collaborating with colleagues located in Basel and Manno.
We provide UBS wide reporting solutions, integrating classical data warehouse and advanced analytics solutions, including near Real Time reporting.
We are a team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. We do believe in Agile and state of the art development environment - we embody all of those in our everyday work to ensure our software has the highest quality and "value to customer" at its heart.
- ideally 5+ years of experience as a data warehouse engineer within the financial sector
- solid understanding of data warehouse concepts, especially Datamodelling
- proficient in SQL and ETL in an OLAP environment, preferably DB2 (or equivalent Oracle experience)
- experience in coding Unix (AIX) Shell Scripts
- articulate and confident communicator, who thrives on logical and creative thinking
- fluent in English and German to support local client base
- experience with Business Intelligence tools like Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau or similar is a plus