Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Base 3
You will be joining the Data Management Office department within the Operational Excellence division, which reports into the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and functionally to the Chief Business Officer.
The Data Management Office team (DMO) is a multi-disciplinary group of experts with experience and interest in data as a business asset. The DMO is in charge of
- Organizing the end to end data quality management by (1) coordinating the data quality managers, (2) manage company-wide data quality dashboards, (3) prioritize and plan resolution of quality issues.
- Owning the present Data Governance & Management board policy for all entities of the Group, including its organization, implementation and maintenance. This covers amongst others definition of roles and responsibilities, Meta-data Management and Lineage (a.k.a Data Management Framework ).
- Maintaining and validating transversal information taxonomies.
- Ensuring the coherence of Data Management Methods and Tools between different divisions/departments, and between business & technology.
- Coaching the assigned business data owners and data stewards in the business.
- Assisting and supporting the meta-data documentation and management (eg data dictionaries, data traceability/lineage, data sharing agreements, )
Your part of the deal
In the role of Data Management Associate, you will serve as developer/administrator for the implementation and maintenance of the Data Governance platform (Collibra).
By using your expertise and knowledge, you will design, develop and test the Collibra integrations and workflows by using the platform's toolset.
- Developing Collibra integration solutions using technologies such as MuleSoft to Integrate Collibra with other enterprise tools, End-user reporting, Data Quality Tooling, Data Catalog Tooling, Master Data Management Solutions
- Customizing workflows using Eclipse and Flowable. Loading and configuring all customized workflows
- Collaborate with colleagues and business stakeholders to determine optimal solutions to integrate their business in Collibra. This could require;
- Creating Communities, sub-Communities and other Domains
- Creating various Asset types: Business Assets, Technology Assets, Data Assets and Governance Assets
- Creating relationships within datasets and between data sets, applications, systems and processes
- Creating facilities for managing reference data, Hierarchy management
Developing APIs (REST, SOAP) to expose the metadata functionalities to the end-users
- Configuring Application UI screens, validations and custom style sheets to display customized forms
- Creating catalogs by discovering new data sources and harvesting existing data sources available in Collibra
- Troubleshooting and resolving data, system issues and performance issues
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience with Collibra (DGC 5.0+, Collibra Console, Collibra Connect) is a must.
- Working experience in any other data governance, metadata management and data catalog solutions.
- Experience in Data Governance of a wide variety of data types (structured, semi-structured and unstructured data) and a wide variety of data sources (HDFS, S3, Kafka, Cassandra, Hive, DB2, MS SQL Server,
- Experience in designing a data governance platform to comply with BCBS239 standard.
- Knowledge of Collibra's operating model, workflow development, and how to integrate various applications or systems.
- Experience in setting up roles, responsibilities and controls, data ownership, workflows and common processes.
- Experience with Java, Scripting (Groovy) and web service integration skills.
- Experience with Integration components using File based/MQ/HTTP based integration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Certifications:
- Master degree in engineering, computer science or related field required.
- Being a certified Collibra user is a plus.