Solutions & Data Specialist
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Solutions & Data Specialist
€380 per day
12-month ongoing contract
My Client are a globally leading Organisation and are looking for an English-speaking Specialist to join their ongoing project In Brussels, Belgium. You will be integrated into the team where you will be managing the project team.
- Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementation's duration) and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by contractors
- Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfil the system's requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Follow up projects to control that the systems, components and/or services implementation sticks to the approved design
- Design, analyse, and oversee the implementation, the integration and the evolution of Business Intelligence components such as Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Data Marts, ETLs, Reporting Tools, Analytics, Data Mining Tools, Search Engines, etc.
- Analyse the integration of data and its metadata coming from different information systems into harmonized Business Intelligence tools
- Create and run validation scripts, prototype and reports on new or existing Data Warehouse platforms
- Produce and/or review documents. This includes system and application architecture documents, functional and technical requirements, vision documents, physical and logical data models, data catalogues
- Practical experience of at least 7 years, out of which at least 3 years of experience in the specific field of in Datamodelling, ETL and reporting design
- Experience in modelling and describing data
- Solid experience in database programming and RDBMS
- Experience in design, implementation and optimization of ETL procedures and reporting
- Solid experience in the creation of complex SQL queries. A certification in database programming is required
- Good experience in creation of PL/SQL scripts
- Reporting and data analytics tools such as UML and/or BPMN, and process modelling tools, eg ARIS
- Very strong capability for analysis, comparison and summary
- Strong knowledge of User Experience fundamentals, experience in designing mockups and creating prototypes
- Experience in Risk assessment
- Strong knowledge of stakeholder management: ability in constructive communication, both spoken and written, as well as strong capability for writing and presentation of clear documents, in English language
- Minimum one year experience in working with Customs IT Systems is an important asset
- Experience in international/multicultural environment and public administration are assets.
This is an opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic Company working on a long-term major project in an international, multilingual environment where you can add real presence to the team whilst the role offers a fantastic package.
Interviews being held quickly, so if you are interested - apply or send your CV or call.