System Engineer (Unix)
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Centene
Position Purpose: Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability to the server environments. Contribute to the IT infrastructure design and leading in server implementations.
- Contribute in the technical support of the Centene server environment and the applications residing on these servers
- Audit system resources and take action as deemed necessary by the Senior/Lead Systems Engineer's
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for schedule, test, and implement enhancements or new releases of the server Operating Systems
- Work with senior/lead system engineers to solve complex issues
- Work with senior/lead system engineers to understand and implement IT infrastructure designs and rollouts
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience a plus. System administration experience on UNIX/Linux Operating Systems. High skill level with most Operating System commands/utilities. Fundamental understanding of clustering concepts, backup solutions, patching, system security standards, and virtualization technologies.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.