Medicare Clinical Note Reader/Coordinator, Contract and Billing
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Cardinal Health
Contracts and Billing is responsible for finance related activities such as customer and vendor contract administration, customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing (including drop-ships), processing chargebacks and vendor invoices, developing and negotiating customer and group purchasing contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working collaboratively in a finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to non-standard requests from vendors and customers.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
The Medicare Clinical Note Reader is responsible for reviewing chart notes that are inbound from physician offices against product specific guidelines that Medicare has established in their LCD in order to validate whether not a medical supply order can be shipped. The Note Reader agent will read physician chart notes both hard copy and electronic and qualify or disqualify them based on the patients needs, Medicare standards, and Patient account information. They will work closely with the Medical Documentation team to ensure proper follow up is captured to aid in supplying our customers.
- Review Chart notes that are inbound from physician offices against product specific guidelines that Medicare has established in their LCD
- Make sound decisions and interpretations based on information in the chart notes to qualify or disqualify the customer for their supplies.
- Document accounts appropriately in the patients account with detail
- Identify situations where additional documentation is required from physicians.
- Ability to request additional documentation from physician and document the account
- Must be able to interpret physician and medical short hand and terminology
- Understanding of audit resolution and how to close/give/or new an account to another area for follow up if needed
- Training is provided in side by sides with other team members
- Manages customer expectations effectively
- Develop or evaluate processes that improve productivity and eliminate non-value-added activities
- Anticipates potential problems and develop contingency plans to minimize risks associated with Customer Experience
- Recognizes importance of collaborative work environment and partners to achieve common goal
- HS Diploma, GED, or technical certification in related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Effectively applies knowledge of job and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments
- In-depth knowledge in technical or specialty area
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems independently
- May modify process to resolve situations
- Works independently within established procedures; may receive general guidance on new assignments
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.