Data Architect - Indianapolis
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Insight UK
IN, US Cincinnati, OH, US
Requisition Number: 76166
Join Insight's award-winning Digital Innovation team as a Data Architect and help position advanced Microsoft solutions to our customers. In this role you will work side-by-side with Microsoft solution specialists to align, educate, scope, and drive our joint solutions and capabilities. This role will engage with a wide variety and quantity of customers across the country in the small and medium business segment.
An ideal candidate will possess both pre-sales and solution architecture skills across cloud enablement, business intelligence, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Insight's Digital Innovation Group was named Microsoft's Worldwide Partner of the Year for Artificial Intelligence as well as Internet of Things. Recently, we were named Microsoft's 'Partner of Choice' for AI due to our scale, ease of doing business with, capability, and results. This role represents an opportunity to grow our DI footprint in what is largely a greenfield small and medium business segment.
On our team, you will work closely with client stakeholders and an outstanding team of engineers, architects, and thought leaders to scope, design, build, and implement solutions utilizing the most cutting-edge technology in cloud enablement, machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, and IoT.
This is a full-time position with great benefits like flexible vacation, 401k matching, training resources, growth opportunities, and a quarterly bonus program. At Insight, you'll be inspired to grow and prosper in a supportive environment where you can be creative, develop professionally, and stay on the forefront of technology.
Ready to take your career to the next level?
What our Cloud Data Architects Do
* Lead discovery sessions with clients to identify business pains & objectives
* Facilitate architectural discussions with customers to understand business requirements and recommend appropriate cloud solutions
* Co-deliver Architecture Design Sessions with Microsoft Solution Specialists either remotely or within Microsoft Technology Centers
* Help customers build a strategy for modernizing their existing data platform to take advantage of latest and greatest AI technologies provided by the cloud
* Advise clients on building scalable, fault-tolerant enterprise cloud architectures across database management, integration and BI tooling
* Create and deliver client proposals
* Work closely with our national team of architects to build offers and craft our go-to-market strategy based on experience and observations in the small and medium market
What We Look For
* Strong communication, pre-sales, and written skills
* Passion for customer engagement and customer success
* Thought leadership through active engagement in community and speaking
* Successful background as an architect and/or technical lead that delivered Microsoft-based business intelligence, data warehouse, and advanced analytics solutions.
* Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
* Experience building EIM or BI roadmaps to meet business needs
* Possess relevant Microsoft certifications (Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or MCSA in SQL Server)
* Expert-level knowledge in Microsoft Data and AI capabilities including SQL Server, SQL Database, SQL Datawarehouse, Data Factory, Databricks, HDInsight, Machine Learning Service, IoT Hub, Event Hub, Stream Analytics, Cosmos DB, and Power BI
* Engage and drive ML/AI projects with appropriate knowledge and understanding of end-2-end ML/AI Projects
What can Insight offer?
Collaboration with highly regarded teammates
Leadership from great mentors
Training and career advancement opportunities
Local, full-time team with to no travel
Comprehensive benefits package
and tons of other great perks!
At Insight Enterprises, Inc. we empower organizations to run smarter by defining, architecting, implementing, and managing Intelligent Technology Solutions . As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
* Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations of all sizes
* Microsoft Global Partner of the Year for AI, IoT, Open Source Solutions, Mobile Apps, & Modern Desktop; Microsoft US Partner of the Year for DevOps
* Fortune Top 100 Best Companies for Diversity
* Fortune Top 50 Best Workplaces in Technology
* Winner of several 'Best Places to Work' awards
* 30+ years in business, 8,000+ teammates worldwide, and $6.7 billion in revenue in 2017
Our success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Insight is looking for great people who embrace our values and will lead tomorrow's success.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at .
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
* Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Indianapolis || Indiana (US-IN) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Cincinnati, OH ||
Job Segment: Data Architect, Database, Architecture, Developer, Supply, Data, Technology, Engineering, Operations