Vulnerability Management Security Analyst
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Vulnerability Management Security Analyst. Candidate will help ensure continuous vulnerability life cycle management including monitoring, collection, reporting, and assessment of impact for vulnerability related data from vendors and internal sources.
- Perform as a vulnerability management SME in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft platform (Server, Workstation, applications), Open Systems platforms (Linux, UNIX, VM Ware ESX), Java, Adobe, Web Application, Java web app virtualization platforms (eg WebSphere), Networking, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IMS), and others.
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration.
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to the environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Be a champion for vulnerability management and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team s services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Providing mentorship and support to teammates with regard to vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree or equivalent in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years experience in information security field.
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting.
- Advanced experience with vended security tools (Qualys, Nexpose, Openvas, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of IT security best practices including operating systems(Windows, Unix, Linux), end-user application, and network security.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, etc).
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls.
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrate ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire.