Senior Big Data/Hadoop Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Sr. Big Data/Hadoop Engineer
- Responsible for design, prototyping and delivery of software solutions within the big data eco-system
- Uses, teaches, and supports a wide variety of programming languages on Big Data and Analytics work (ie Java, Python, SQL, R)
- Responsible for designing and building new Big Data systems for turning data into actionable insights
- Train and mentor junior team members on Big Data/Hadoop tools and technologies
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical partners
- Leading projects and/or serving as analytics SME to provide new or enhanced data to the business
- Improving data governance and quality increasing the reliability of our data
- Uses, teaches, and supports a wide variety of Big Data and Analytics tools to achieve results (ie, Python, Hadoop, HIVE, Scala, Impala and others).
- Influencing the creation of a single, trusted source for key Claims business data that can be shared across the Enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a data integration, ETL and/or business intelligence/analytics related function
- 4+ years of experience with big data and the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, SPARK, SQOOP, Hive, Impala, Parquet)
- Expert high-level coding skills such as SQL and Python and/or other Scripting languages (UNIX) required. Scala is a plus.
- Experience in developing, managing, and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Expert high-level coding skills such as SQL and Python and/or other Scripting languages(UNIX) required. Scala is a plus.
- Understanding of streaming toolsets such as Kafka, FLINK, Spark streaming a plus.
- Experience with source control solutions (ex git, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog (Continuous Integration and JIRA a plus)
- Any experience with Airflow a plus
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.