Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
Looking for a Technical Support Engineer
The European Technical User Supports team objective is to provide differentiated support to Technical Computing users globally, and to directly increase their productivity and enhance their end user experience of IT services. The teams' support characteristics are of key importance to this user group of technical professionals (such as Geologists, Geophysicists, Reservoir Engineers, and Seismic Interpreters) in the Subsurface and Wells disciplines. Focus is to help these technical end users in a pro-active way; to detect problems in an early stage, to anticipate user requirements and ensure effective use of the Upstream IT environment.
The key characteristics are:
- Operating a combination of onsite and remote support models, delivered via regional teams that make up the global service. Part of European team supporting 1500+ customers.
- Acting as voice and action party (re-active as well as pro-active) for the technical worker community when IT service failures impact their operations.
- Working face to face with, or remotely support technical workers to identify issues and new requirements in an early stage and prevent escalations.
- Advising users of the best possible use of the available infrastructure, specifically in the technical compute environment.
- Taking end-to-end ownership of problems affecting technical workers and acting collaboratively with other IT service areas to find resolution.
- Our performance focus is on the end user experience of the service.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Well acquintaced with: RedHat Linux, HP RGS/Leostream,Microsoft Desktop, Active Directory, LDAP products;
- Proficient in Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards, Customer Service Techniques;
- Familiar with Customer Value Chain Concepts.
Soft Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer interfacing skills;
- Extensive troubleshooting and analytical skills, helicopter view;
- Strong Communication and Cooperating skills
- Ability to clearly identify various components of the services and reported issues;
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities for service improvement;
- Candidates need to be able to cope well with change and be adaptable to on/off boarding of new activities and services;
- Strong communication and cooperating skills.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.