Audio Visual Installation Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by D4 Digital
- Carries out first and second fix installation activities of control systems, Video Conferencing systems and Audio-Visual systems to the highest standard and by the project deadlines set.
- Reports to the project manager or lead engineer daily on activities completed, and any issues encountered
- Rack build and testing of systems internally.
- Ensures projects are tested thoroughly prior to any subcontract programmers arriving on site.
- Ensures the Company's and client's Health and Safety procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Possesses a solid understanding of first and second fix AV installations, to include an excellent working knowledge of the wiring, installation and configuration of Audio-Visual systems.
- Strong ability to successfully fault find, suggest engineering solutions and rectify issues with Audio-Visual systems, to include preventative and reactive maintenance and firmware upgrades.
- Have excellent soldering, crimp and terminating skills.
- Previous experience working from schematics, site plans and drawings.
- A good working knowledge of Crestron control systems including the ability to upload files to processors, touch panels and applications.
- Understands audio DSPs including signal routing, processing blocks and AEC configuration, with the ability to upload, test and make changes to program files
- Sound knowledge of VOIP/SIP systems, the key principles behind VOIP/SIP integration and the network requirements for installing these systems.
- Confident with the setup and configuration or networked devices and peripherals, including the ability to communicate with these devices via the network from a PC or console.
- Ability to create and test RS232 command strings using manufacturer documentation and driver libraries.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport with colleagues.
- Strong ability to work alone and on own initiative.
- The role is field based and requires travel/occasional overnight stays primarily across the UK and also Europe.
- CSCS/ECS (or equivalent) card holder
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual