Scientific Associate II (BS/MS degree)
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for Scientific Associate II for 12-month contract.
Job title: Scientific Associate II
Duration: 01/05/2020 to 30/04/2021
Work location: Basel
50 human clinical trials in early phases! That is the scope of our Molecular & Cellular Sciences team in BioMarker Development/Translational Medicine.
As a Scientific Associate II in Biomarker Development, you will work in close collaboration with the Molecular and Cellular Sciences study leader and clinical teams to implement internal and external biomarker activities, provide interpretation of results to enable mechanistic, safety and efficacy understanding. You will be developing and validating innovative biomarker solutions, implementing new methodologies, delivering high quality data and playing a pivotal role in early phase human clinical trials.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Provide technical expertise in the field of fluid-based soluble biomarker assays with a special focus on single- and multiplex immunoassays
* Contribute to the implementation of internal and external (outsourced) biomarker activities in clinical studies
* Present results at internal meetings
* Implement and apply innovative biomarker solution
* Conduct activities in compliance with Company policies, Values and Behavior and relevant guidelines
* Develop knowledge in additional biomarker modalities and/or technologies
* Network internally to expand scientific and technical knowledge
What you will bring to the role:
* BS/MS degree in Biology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology or equivalent. Alternatively, apprenticeship (or equivalent) with appropriate and relevant years of work experience.
* Professional experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, developing bioanalytical assays for soluble biomarkers
* Appropriate lab experience in single- and multiplex immuno-assays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, or others). Additional hands-on experience in mass spectrometry or flow cytometry would be of advantage.
* Good understanding of regulatory requirement relevant to Biomarker Development (eg GCP, ICH)
* Demonstrable experience with any of the following: WATSON LIMS, SMART Book, Soft MaxPro, Spotfire, GraphPad Prism, etc.
For further details please contact: