Community Development Officer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Colchester United Football Club
Community Development Officer
Responsible to: Community Development Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure delivery and development of community projects that encompass opportunities for players throughout our development Pathway.
Location: Shrub End Community Sports Centre, Colchester
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop, coordinate and manage an innovative Skills Centre Development programme for participants aged 4-16 years of age.
- To develop, coordinate and manage an innovative Holiday activities programmes for participants aged 4-16 years of age.
- To develop, coordinate and manage Holiday hunger programme with Community Development Manager
- To successfully organise the syllabus and prepare coaching staff to deliver within the programme.
- To recruit and meet targets for participant levels as agreed with senior team
- Market & advertise the programme over the correct time periods and prepare a schedule for the year including preparation of flyers and school letters
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- To work with Head of Community and Senior team to co-ordinate development of new projects
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of CUFITC sessional coaches
- To use views as a monitoring tool producing appropriate reports
- To liaise with parents and carers when appropriate
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal DBS, First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To undertake appropriate training
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check
Essential Generic Skills:
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work some unsocial hours, including evenings.
- A drive to help people achieve their goals through sport.
- Experience and proven track record of delivering organisational outcomes.
Essential Role Specific Skills:
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to produce accurate written work
- Ability to communicate with young people and parents effectively.
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet targets to assist the charity's growth.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Able to manager large groups effectively and safely.
- Hold FA Level 2 coaching qualification
- Hold FA Youth Modules 1&2.
- Hold first aid and safeguarding qualifications.
- Hold full driving licence.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions.
Desirable Role Specific Skills
- Hold FA Level 3 coaching qualification (UEFA B)
- Hold FA Youth Module 3 Assessed.
- A PE level 3 certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
- Working within a professional football club environment.
Number of Hours: This is a full time role requiring flexibility based on 40 hours per week.
Salary: £17,000-£18,000 dependent on experience OTE £19,000.A company vehicle and business mobile phoneare also included.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£8.33 - £8.45 Hourly
£28k - £35k Annual
£24.2k - £30.1k Annual