Posted on Feb 13, 2020 by Sorenson Communication
Location: Rochester, New York
Date Posted: 2/10/2020
Job Code: -1645
Sorenson Video Relay Service (SVRS) is a free service that enables deaf and hard-of-hearing callers to conduct video relay calls through a qualified ASL interpreter. SVRS Sorenson Communications empowers the deaf and hard-of-hearing community to communicate with both, deaf and hearing family, friends or business contacts using video relay service. This free, 24-hour service empowers you to place and receive calls with a professional American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter via a videophone and a high-speed internet connection. In addition, the services enable hearing callers to contact deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals as well.
The successful Office Assistant will provide support to the VRS management team by handling a wide range of administrative and office support related tasks. Must be able to work independently with little supervision. This person must be well-organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and varied business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* All Sorenson employees are part of a team and must be willing to adhere to Sorenson policies and procedures, with special attention to confidentiality of information handled within the center.
* Complete basic administrative tasks with direction from management.
* Assist in maintaining office space, files, records, and equipment with guidance from management team. This includes; cleaning the break room, cleaning and organizing the cubicles, and cleaning other spaces in the center as needed.
* Work effectively in a team environment; receive support from and provide support to colleagues.
* Demonstrate the ability to meet performance expectations with minimal supervision.
* Communicate with and keep management updated on a regular basis.
* Demonstrate willingness and ability to complete other duties as assigned.
* Drive locally to other offices as needed and be able to pick up office supply needs.
* Order food for the center break room and for center celebrations as needed.
* Proficient computer skills including MS Office (including Excel) or equivalent.
* Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and information gathering.
* Basic Math and English skills.
* Must able to understand and follow basic instructions and communicate problems and issues.
* ASL Fluency Preferred; but not required
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Business experience/training an advantage.
* Minimum of 2 year office experience required
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
* Physical Demands
* Able to sit/ stand for a long period of time in an office environment
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components
* Able to lift up to 30 lbs
* Able to drive a car
* Regular and predictable attendance required.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
* This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees and customers of Sorenson Communications. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an EOE, disability/age employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: Sorenson Communication
Company: Sorenson Communication
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.