Posted on Feb 13, 2020 by Havertys
Date: Feb 10, 2020
Location: Fort Pierce, FL, USA
Company: Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc
Processes customer sales, payment transactions, and completes customer service tickets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Balances cash fund every morning and evening
* Prepares bank deposits and daily closing summary
* Closes the daily A/R accurately and before the cut-off time
* Maintains an organized and secure office environment
* Answers incoming calls, distributes calls, takes messages, and checks store's voicemail
* Completes opening/closing procedure checklists
* Reviews the Delivery Inquiry to verify all sales are in a confirmed status for the next 8 delivery days. Informs customers of arriving Customer Pick Ups (CPU).
* Processes customer sales and account transactions.
* Handles customer complaints, opens store notes, and follows up on existing customer service tickets
* Works the Expected Deliveries to ensure sales are completed and schedules deliveries as needed. Enters necessary customer comments in notepad.
* Runs and works the daily reports including but not limited to:
* - Confirmed Not Delivered
* -Cancels Confirmed Not Received
* Reviews and follows up on pending sale statuses, i.e., requested cancellations and pending layaway sales, etc.
* Files (PC Office) or prepares (Branch Office) daily paperwork, i.e. CPUs, CRTs, Credit Applications, End of the Day Reports, etc.
* Collects and secures original Credit Applications, sends original documents to Havertys Credit Services on the 1st and 15th of each month.
* Communicates with Havertys Credit Services for account requests and follow-up.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' experience actively working with the public in a customer service position, preferably in retail. One to three years of monetary or cash handling experience highly preferred, i.e., Banking, Customer Service, Data Entry, Office Administration, Medical Records, etc. Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
General computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Strong math skills
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Ability to multi-task
Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
Must be able to work independently while using discretion
Furniture knowledge preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Nearest Major Market: Port Saint Lucie
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Retail Sales, Secretary, Administrative, Retail, Customer Service
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.