Posted on Feb 13, 2020 by Ealing Cricket Club
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor, the
Auditor III is responsible for performing internal audits and projects
that help the business achieve its financial and operational
objectives (through identifying control weaknesses and/or process
improvements). The role requires the ability to handle multiple
concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility and
ingenuity. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written
and verbal) are required in this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interacts with all levels of company associates and executives,
outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related
representatives to gain an understanding of business processes.
2. Performs audit related activities, including but not limited to:
developing the engagement Risk Assessment and audit scope, conducting
the opening meeting, timely completing field work, and drafting the
3. Ensures audit fieldwork work and findings are adequately documented
(in compliance with IIA and departmental standards, with minimal
4. Prepares an audit report which effectively communicates the audit
results, making necessary revisions in a timely manner.
5. Actively participates in making the Internal Audit Department a
valued partner within the organization.
6. Assists the Audit Supervisor with oral and written presentations to
mid-level management during and at the conclusion of the audit,
7. Works closely with the Internal Controls, Office of Compliance,
Operations, Business and IT departments in resolving financial /
operational control issues.
8. Assists on other internal departmental projects, as assigned (i.e.,
major initiatives, Internal Quality Assessments, EY assist, internal
audit related training, etc.)
9. Coordinates multiple tasks; recommends improvements to department
10. Moderate travel expected, approximately 10 15% with an
opportunity for international travel if interested.
A successful candidate will have a broad training in business
administration, accounting and auditing, or related field, obtained
through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree. Normally requires
a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in general
accounting, public accounting, and/or internal auditing. Preferred
experience would include both public accounting and internal audit
experience. Compliance/QA experience is also strongly preferred.
Experience working with ERP systems and using PC-based spreadsheet
and/or data analytic software (ACL, Alteryx or Power Bi) is a plus.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work
independently and thrive in a team environment
2. Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment
to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that
strives to exceed expectations
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
and Auditing Standards
4. Knowledge of operational auditing, process flow reviews and trial
5. Advanced level of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
6. Ability to make sound judgment and business-oriented decisions
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
8. Strong interpersonal skills
9. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
10. Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit
11. Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with
company systems and programs
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.