Splunk Application Monitoring Engineer
Posted on Feb 13, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Splunk Application Monitoring Engineer with some application development knowledge.
Candidate provides technical leadership & support from project inception through initial implementation and continuing operation by creating high-level technical requirements, and idenitify designs needed to develop and support optimal monitoring and IT system solutions through the knowledge of business processes, systems architecture, and monitoring technologies.
- Capture applications baseline performance deviations and implement proactive Splunk monitoring and alerting of production systems
- Leverage monitoring tools (such as Splunk/Dynatrace) and capabilities to find root cause for incident and problem management.
- Provide Splunk monitoring subject matter expertise and main point of contact for supported applications.
- Provides 24 x 7 support as needed.
- Provide input into strategies, capabilities and integrations to improve the availability and performance run-state of production applications.
- Drive operational implementation of monitoring capabilities, dashboards and improvements.
- Lead efforts capturing reporting requirements, develop system performance, capacity and key business transactions reports-dashboards by leveraging approved tools and processes to maintain operational availability of delivered solutions
- Leverage a predictive analytic approach to identify and mitigate issues before they have material impact to our application consumers.
- Identify, recommend and lead performance tuning and monitoring enhancement opportunities.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and trace the high level technical design and system architecture that meets business and/or functional requirements.
- Responsible for implementing identified roadmaps, leading design reviews, and performing analysis for one or more applications
- Identify systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for business-critical monitoring projects.
- Guide and lead in the design Monitoring deliverables of Systems Analysts and Developers.
- Consult with Business Analysts to effectively deliver business value operational designs for high complexity projects.
- Facilitate design reviews, document system impacts between releases, and conduct technical walkthroughs.
- Understand the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Execute and enforce best practices. May be responsible to identify and design for non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical input and act as point-of-contact during architectural assessments for area applications.
- For high complexity projects, validate code to designs and requirements. Participate and facilitate monitoring solutions walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews.
- Monitors and communicates on the technical progress of the project.
- Recommend technology solutions to meet client/business requirements. Partner with Business-System Analysts, Solutions Engineers and possibly clients to improve monitoring of the business requirements and business process flows.
- Internally communicates changes or issues with vended products and monitoring tools
- Evaluate Proof of Concepts (POCs) and validate whether the solution meets the business need
- Plan, conduct, review, and perform integration testing of responsible deliverables for environment changes.
- Evaluate the root cause of operational and maintenance issues and support through resolution.
- Interface and interact with various technology organization groups around standard solutions required for operations, environment availability, and service health.
- Bachelors College degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years monitoring experience in a large enterprise environment
- Systems analysis, database concepts and systems design
- Working knowledge of .NET and JAVA Applications and Development
- Source Code Management concepts
- Detailed knowledge of framework-based development
- Excellent Communication, Problem Solving, and Analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Data Science, Statistical & Predictive Analysis, Quantitative Research and Analytics