Platform Engineer - Java, Swiss Bank, Zurich
Posted on Feb 13, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client is a Global Swiss Bank with an enviable reputation. Due to some internal growth they are currently seeking a German speaking Platform Engineer for Application Platform (Java/web infrastructure) for an initial 12 months to be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the Linux Application Platform Engineering Team you are for the Operation of the central application platform (Java EE and web infrastructure) with responsible.
- Support projects in integrating their applications
- Supervision and consultation of projects in questions about: system architecture, integration
- System automation, performance, security and analysis/diagnosis.
- Participation in infrastructure projects for the areas
- API gateway
- Electronic document management
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Computer science training such as FH, ETH or Uni
- Several years of experience as a software developer and with agile development methods
- You have a DevOps mentality
- good developer skills in Java and Python
- Good knowledge of automated CI/CD pipelines and their tools
- Sound knowledge of/in Linux/RHEL, Shell Scripting, Ansible, Git, Web- & Application Server (mainly Java EE and SE), Network, DNS, load balancer, TLS/X.509, HTTP
- Extensive experience in the integration of software and the operation of application platforms and systems
- Fluent German and good knowledge of English
If the candidate possesses API gateway, WAF, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Docker, Kubernetes this would be highly advantageous.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.