IT Infrastructure/solutions architect - Workplace
Posted on Feb 13, 2020 by HCL GB Ltd
- Ownership of IT infrastructure design.
- Responsible for the technical governance of the overall EUC platform.
- Develop the technology roadmap and define target and transitional architecture.
- Solution design for current and new projects.
- Work with program/project manager to define project requirements and resources.
- Responsible for validating and overseeing the technical implementation of the projects.
- Responsible for engaging with partners and vendors to discuss new technologies, benefits and value added to the business.
- Try to identify areas of improvement and potential increase of revenue.
- Provide leadership and guidance on critical issues or long term issues that have high impact on the business.
- Provide leadership and guidance on complex operational tasks like, disaster recovery simulations, major upgrades or critical changes.
- Working closely alongside business teams, Project Management team.
- Analyse the new project requirements and design the solution and implement within the framework of the project delivery framework
- Guidance and control of internal and external technical design consultants to ensure they are cost effective and deliver quality outputs related to IT infrastructure.
- Input to design and underpinning of infrastructure estimates for business cases
- Analyze end-to-end system requirements and current landscape to ensure that appropriate infrastructure is designed and implemented
- Provide end to end solution document for infrastructure changes and put together a detailed plan of action for all components of an IT data center environment: server, network, storage, systems management, Middleware, backup and recovery, messaging, unified communications
- Work with vendor resources and OEM providers, security and compliance teams, application developers and operations staff to ensure an appropriate solution and plan of action is designed and documented
- Design and develop solutions and execution steps for strategic infrastructure initiatives like tiered storage rollout, virtualization, cloud computing, new tools and technology component implementations and deployments
- Develop and enforce methods to ensure proper configuration documents are prepared for existing infrastructure and infrastructure changes
- Present the Cost Business Analysis to Sr & Top Management and get their buy in for end to end solution.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting infrastructure technologies, tools and concepts to attain project/business unit objectives.
- High Level understanding of Application Lifecycle Management preferably banking applications like core banking etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure technologies, monitoring tools and systems management.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure technologies, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience with strong skills and live exposure in the Unix, Storage, Backup & Restore, Databases, Middle tier, Networks etc
- Experience of Business Continuity planning and Disaster Recovery and implementation
- Experience in designing solutions and detailing execution steps required for implementing, roll-out of infrastructure components or changes..
- Experience with analysing problems and suggesting infrastructure solutions involving IT technology, methodology, process, tools and solution components
- Experience with infrastructure life cycle management and design methodologies with a strong understanding of systems management processes and techniques
- Around 10years of experience designing and providing solutions on IT Infrastructure
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to diagnose and identify system and infrastructure efficiency improvements or areas for innovation based on current service requirements.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Years of Experience:
Around 10 years