Technical Program Manager
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
For our client, a multinational technology company in Zürich, Switzerland we're currently looking for a Technical Program Manager in IT Security.
- As a Technical Program Manager, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise.
- You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project life cycle.
- This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- As a Technical Program Manager in the Security Team, you will be central to managing projects within the Security Engineering team.
- Working with some of the best Security Engineers in the world, you'll have a direct positive impact on the security of the company's data and infrastructure.
- Success in this role will require sound judgment under pressure, a demonstrated technical background, meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- You will coordinate between many stakeholders, set expectations for deliverables from many different teams, keep track of success of parallel efforts, identify key roadblocks, and work with the team members involved to keep things moving.
- You will also oversee a large security program and will be ultimately responsible for its success.
- Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of the company's platforms, we make the company's product portfolio possible.
- We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them.
- We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work extensively in continuing to push fundamental shifts towards more robust security models for the organization.
- Understand the end-to-end solution and implementation path in order to execute large security projects.
- Coordinate between different security teams, set clear expectations about responsibilities, communicate with stakeholders, and measure success.
- Partner with cross-functional Engineering teams in order to provide technical direction and influence technical design.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Experience in program/project management. - Experience working with teams and other cross-functional stakeholders.
Experience in an Engineering or Technical role, delivering privacy and/or security solutions.