Embedded Engineer_Marignane (France)
Posted on Feb 12, 2020 by Pracyva
Helicopters simulation department is the center of competence for helicopter system simulation within the design office.
Our job is to develop, integrate, operate and deploy simulators and simulation systems for nearly all helicopter families and their respective systems.
With these assets we provide simulation capabilities to various different kinds of internal& external applications:
- Support helicopter and system test with simulation
- Validation of new concepts on simulation and simulators
- Contribute to Full Flight Simulators and other flight training devices
- And many more applications
Simulation is an essential pillar for the development of new helicopters or helicopter mission systems. Simulation teams work in agile and international projects with strong focus on software engineering within a highly aeronautical context. A lot of exchanges with specialized departments inside Airbus Helicopters are part of the job, but also with external partners, suppliers and customers.
A simulation software/system engineer works on modular simulation systems for a given helicopter, eg the NH90.
Mission is to:
- develop, integrate and test Real Time simulation models into systems that represent the entire helicopter Systems, with the focus on avionics and mission systems
- connect simulation systems to test means or simulators
- prepare, integrate and operate simulators for the different use-cases
- develop/integrate/test simulation systems for Full Flight Simulators
Ideal are the following competencies& experiences:
- Experience in SW development, especially in Real Time SW and mainly in Linux environment
- Experience in general software engineering, system integration and test
- Knowledge of helicopter systems and architecture
- Aeronautical background or strong interest
- Ability to work in international Environment
- Ability to work with stakeholders in different organizations.